Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Oh Lord, I cry out to you!
Help heal my heart

It's breaking inside me...
being torn apart

Why can't I feel you
in this dark hour?

Where is your mercy?
Where is your power?

How can I heal 
the wounds from my past?

How can you fill them
with a healing that lasts?

When will the past 
stop deceiving me?

When will I allow you
to set me free?

Free from the lies
stored in my heart

Free from the me
that tears me apart

When will I start to see
what's honest and true?

When will I trust 
and turn completely to you?

Give up the fight
that is raging within

Give up the need
to always win

Help me Lord, 
look always to You

When I don't seem to know
what else to do

Help me remember
not to believe the lies

But instead see myself
through Your eyes

For with you on my side
I can do all things

I will find Your strength
and fly on eagles wings!



2 comments:

Lauren said...

Beki, your poem reads like a Psalm. I love your honesty before the Lord. I am saddened though, to just be reading this now---a week later---and to know that I was tied up on the day you wrote it. I'm looking forward to resuming our morning walks and talks---I've missed you! We have lots to catch up on. Love you, Lauren

Somebody's Mimi said...

Wow this gave me goose bumps! I don't know when you wrote this or the circumstance, but I feel like I could have written times many times in my life.